When visiting George, don't miss:
- Red Berry Farm where you pick your own strawberries. They also offer an outdoor tea garden and fresh farm stall.
- The Dutch Cheese Farm for wine and cheese tasting.
- The Bado Kidogo Bird Farm is a breeding farm open to the public and viewing can be done 365 days a year.
- Garden Route Botanical Gardens is the only botanical garden on the Garden Route.
- Golf: One of South Africa’s premier golfing destinations with ten courses, driving ranges and a world-class golf academy.
- Hiking, mountain-biking, bird-watching and indigenous fynbos.
- Surfing at Victoria Bay and Herolds Bay.
- The Outeniqua Country Hop Route meanders through the Blanco and Geelhoutboom area and has arts and crafts, hikes, golf, hops farms, eateries and accommodation.
- Board the Outeniqua Power Van for an excursion on the Outeniqua Mountains.
- Scenic passes are the Montagu Pass and Seven Passes Road.
- George Museum and other historical buildings.
Wilderness: Activities and Places of interest:
- Paragliding, mountain biking, water skiing, abseiling, canoeing trails.
- Horse-riding through forests, on farms and along country roads.
- Beaches are ideal for fishing, sunbathing and water sport activities.
- Langvlei, Rondevlei and Touw River are excellent for birding (bird-hides).
- The Wilderness National Park, with a lake area of 10 000ha – Kingfisher Hiking Trail.
- Dolphin Point offers coastal views, with dolphin and whale-watching between July and October.
- Visit Timberlake for organic food, wine and arts and crafts.
George Golf Courses
From leisure and relaxation The Herolds Bay Luxury Apartments is the perfect setting to stay and play. Enjoy a round of golf at the world-renowned golf courses surrounding the hotel.
Oubaai Golf Club (Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort & Spa)
2 minutes / 2 km. Oubaai is proud to be the first and only Ernie Els signature course in South Africa. The golf course design allows for a challenge to all levels of golfer. Visitors are welcome.
Kingswood Golf Club
10 minutes / 15km. Situated in George.
George Golf Club
12 minutes / 17km. Situated in George.
Mossel Bay Golf Courses
Mossel Bay Golf Club
40 minutes / 60km. Situated in Mossel Bay. Visitors are welcome.
30 minutes / 55km. Situated in Mossel Bay is an immaculate eighteen-hole championship golf course, set on the cliffs. Visitors are welcome.
Knysna Golf Courses
Knysna Golf Club
60 minutes / 87km. Situated in Knysna.
55 minutes / 85km. A premier golfing destination situated 85km from Herolds Bay Hotel in the Knysna Valley.
60 minutes / 90km. Situated in Knysna, Pezula is a breathtaking, award-winning 18-hole championship golf course.